Just me

Just me

Thursday 12 January 2012

Naked2 palette...

OMG....OMG....OMG!!!!

OK I know, being in the UK, we're a bit behind with this, but my Urban Decay Naked2 Palette arrived today and I am far from disappointed.



What you get.... (thanks to Temptalia for the descriptions)

Blackout - Blackest black with matte finish (Repromote, not available individually)
Booty Call - Shimmery cork (New)
Busted - Deep brown with shimmery finish (New)
Chopper - Copper shimmer with silver micro glitter (Permanent)
Foxy Cream - Bisque with matte finish (Repromote, not available individually)
Half Baked - Golden bronze with shimmery finish (Permanent)
Pistol - Light greyish brown with shimmery finish (New)
Snake Bite - Dark bronze shimmer with metallic base (New)
Suspect - Pale golden beige with shimmery finish (Repromote, not available individually)
Tease - Creamy pale brown with matte finish (New)
Verve - Oyster with shimmery finish (Repromote, not available individually)
YDK - Cool bronze shimmer with metallic base (Permanent)

Naked Sheer shimmery pinky neutral (Lip Junkie) (Permanent)

Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush Dual-ended brush

I was really worried a lot of the colours would be similar to my Naked Palette, but after swatching them myself I'm pleased to say that's not the case. I won't deny it and say there aren't colours that could possibly pass for the other but those are minimal. Obviously Half Baked is actually a repeat so that doesn't count :) However, the ones I find most similar are Busted (Naked2) v Hustle (Naked), and then YDK (Naked2) v Sidecar (Naked) and POSSIBLY Snakebite (Naked2) and Smog (Naked). Now these may not necessarily be the case as the lighting in my house is TERRIBLE!!!! But even with that said, I am still very happy with this purchase :)

I tried to swatch some pictures myself but due to the lighting it didn't really work :( So, thanks to the lovely xsparkage here are the 2 palettes swatched together.



On the top is the Naked palette (left to right):
Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal

And on the bottom is the Naked2 palette (left to right):
Foxy, Half Baked, Booty Call, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted and Blackout

A lot of people are also asking which is better, or the 'must have' but really how can you ask someone else? It depends on the colours you like the most and, personally, i think BOTH are a must....greedy? me? ;)

Anyhoo, hope you enjoyed this and go get buying ;)

Y'all come back now,

Ruthie x

No comments:

Post a Comment